2.3.4.8 - target complete problem

Minor issue here, but something I thought I’d mention. I’ve had an usual run of clear nights so I have been bumping up the number of frames to get, including calibration that I gather in the morning. I added a bunch of 300s darks to my calibration target, but when SGP got to it at 6:15am, it thought it was complete. It could be that it was marked as completed at some point the previous day, and then I increased the number of exposures – I’m not really sure. But the sequencer seems recognize that it still has work to do, so not sure why the log didn’t agree…

Thanks!
Brian

[10/19/2015 6:15:05 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Looking at target Calibration…
[10/19/2015 6:15:05 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Target is active: True
[10/19/2015 6:15:05 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Target is complete: True
[10/19/2015 6:15:05 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Target marked as past end time: False
[10/19/2015 6:15:05 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Target has end time: True
[10/19/2015 6:15:05 AM] [DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Target end time: 10/19/2015 6:40:00 AM

sg_logfile_20151018181639.zip (134.9 KB)

Not sure why you think the sequencer still has work to do. Of the three active targets, 2 are complete and 1 is past the end time. If you have had the sequence open for a long time and the Calibration target has already run, resuming will not clear its completed status.

I think it’s pretty reasonable to look at the UI screen I pasted and think the sequence has work to do. I do see the checkbox next to the target, yes, but I obviously overlooked that when looking at the progress bars, events complete in the target status, etc.

I guess the answer is to make sure I clear the completed status by right clicking the target. I want to understand how to set up a sequence for multiple nights: I had a few targets last night that all ran but ‘completed’ early due to time constraints. Tonight I’ll continue. Obviously I don’t want to reset the target progress, so it looks like the thing to do is go to each target and clear its completed status.

Right OK.

Yes, this is currently the way the sequencer works. We should probably add a clear all competed shortcut to return the sequence to a “just opened”, but not reset state.

That would be very useful! There have often been times where I have wanted to be able to do that, like when a sequence aborts and I want to re-start it as if I had just opened SGP.

Andy

1 Like

@Bhwolf, @Andy

Here is the solution to this issue (at least for now). Will be available in 2.4.3.11:

Nice… Thanks!

Perfect, thanks!