2.4.1.0 jnow query

Before I install the new beta, please confirm my understanding of the jnow modification.

Does sgpro only convert from j2000 to jnow at the mount interface or does it convert elsewhere too?

For example, if it only converts at the mount interface I will have to manually enter coordinates in j2000 or use the framing wizard, and also have plate solve in j2000.

On the other hand if the epoch is associated with each coordinate source (plate solve or manually input coordinate or frame wizard) as well as the mount, sgpro will manage all coordinate translations.

Thanks
Scott.

Currently only at the mount. All coordinates in SGP are assumed to be J2000. This is always true for:

You should set Pinpoint to J2000 and if you’re manually inputting coordinates into SGP those need to be J2000 as well. Also if you’re using ANSVR that should also be set to output J2000.

We may change this behavior later on. But we believe in incremental development (no need to spend weeks developing something if that’s not the right solution). So we put this out as an initial fix and may adjust later depending on feedback.

SGP will read the epoch from the mount and translate the coordinates into that epoch. So if the mount is J2000 it will stay J2000. If it is JNow they will be converted.

Thanks,
Jared