2.5.2.5 Bugs?

Hi There, I am noticing two things in 2.5.2.5 which might be bugs. So just bringing it to the fore.

Attached is a log file from the latest run.
sg_logfile_20161110190444.txt.zip (102.0 KB)

Bug #1: I notice every morning after a run is done, that SGP has crashed. It has done everything I expect it to do, but for some reason has crashed at the end.

Bug #2: When both “Run non-light subs even if sequence fails” and “Run script at sequence-end” are selected, there is a weird interaction it seems. My end of sequence script shuts everything down. Yesterday because the clouds rolled in, the safety monitor triggered and this caused the sequence to abort. At this point it looks like SGP ran the script and subsequently tried to capture the flat frames for the target.

I am not really sure on this one, but it seems like it has to do with the script you are running at the end of sequence and SGPro not knowing (internally) that these devices are no longer available to it. 2.5.2.5 should be able to auto detect that the devices are shut down, but for some reason, it’s not. I am not sure exactly what your script attempts to do.

Right, good catch. I have added code that will not allow the script to run until the sequence is actually done (That will be in 2.5.2.7).

Hi Ken, the script is very simple. It’s just issuing 4 particle photon calls:

Set myShell = WScript.CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
myShell.Run "c:\Users\manoj\AppData\Roaming\npm\particle call TapasObsPwr ObsPower Dome:Off"
myShell.Run "c:\Users\manoj\AppData\Roaming\npm\particle call TapasObsPwr ObsPower MM200:Off"
myShell.Run "c:\Users\manoj\AppData\Roaming\npm\particle call TapasObsPwr ObsPower Weather:Off"
WScript.Sleep 240000
myShell.Run “c:\Users\manoj\AppData\Roaming\npm\particle call TapasObsPwr ObsPower Scopes:Off”

Simple and catastrophic. You are turning the power off to all the hardware to which SGP is connected. No wonder it has trouble.

Bug red button huh?

I did vote for the feature to disconnect all equipment when sequence is done :slight_smile:

And it is something that will be implemented (due to it’s popularity coupled with it’s relative simplicity)