A new problem with sequence ending prematurely

Hi, I have this very frustrating problem, using sbig camera, Starizona autofocus and Gemini G11 mount with ascom driver, Here’s what happens

I set up a sequence (tonight was M33) Its an sbig STT 8300 m camera, so I set RGBL events, 5 exposures each of 2 mins. I use the frame and mosaic wizard to create the targets initially. I save the sequence. All goes well to start - I click ‘slew now’, ‘centre now’ - it plate solves, the autofocus runs, I start Phd and let it calibrate and start to guide. Once phd is settled, I click ‘run sequence’.

The R event runs fine, filter changes, autofocus runs and here’s the problem, at the end of autofocus i get ‘sequence complete’ ‘dismiss’. - but there are three more events selected in the sequence.

So I have tried lots of things - I don’t have any end of sequence actions set, so I dismiss, dismiss with run end of seq actions ticked, reset the progress of the sequence etc etc, but nothing works until eventually I am about to give up, reset the sequence progress one more time and it resumes.

You can guess though that at the end of the ‘G’ event, the same thing repeats - aoutofocus runs, then ‘sequence complete’

I have looked carefully at the equipment profile and the control panel, I can’t see anything wrong. All the target events are selected.

Unfortunately I don’t know what makes it resume - I repeatedly try ‘reset sequence progress’ ’ resume’, deselect the events, reselect them etc.

sorry for long post, any help appreciated.
Paul

Paul,

Please see this post:

http://191.234.52.100/t/how-to-ask-for-help/26

Ken

Thanks Ken,
here is a link to the log file - much appreciate the help.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5JCkRm7YG6vb3lzbFoxS2N0dzg&usp=sharing

i have control panel set so that it does autofocus on filter change.

just to add, this problem happens consistently at the moment. Skies were clear and phd was guiding fine. I have read other posts but couldn’t find much of relevance. I will tick the auto recover box in tools options and see if that helps. I’ll post again if the problem continues following that.

Just also to say, thanks very much for all the effort to produce a new release, I’m sure we all appreciate that.
Paul

Paul

Paul,

You did not include the SGF file, but I took a look anyhow. Your sequence ended several times:

1. First time was because the socket connection to PHD failed
  2. Second time due to user requested pause
  3. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  4. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  5. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  6. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  7. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  8. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  9. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  10. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  11. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  12. Auto center failed to solve the camera frame and the sequence was aborted
  13. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  14. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  15. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  16. The guider reported it was not guiding any longer and the sequence failed
  17. User requested sequence abort
  18. Maybe 6 or 7 more that indicate the guider was not running

So… My recommendations:

1. Go ahead and download the 2.4 beta (in many ways, especially guiding with PHD, it is more stable than 2.3)
  2. Run with recovery mode on (http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/SequenceRecovery.html)
  3. Ensure you have the latest SGPro SBIG guider driver installed

thanks for looking Ken, because I knew the sequence was going to be problematic and weather (as usual) was coming in by 9 pm, I sat with it for 2 hours! Phd was giuiding fine (just looking at he guiding graph). Anyway, thanks for the advice and I’ll go ahead and do as you suggest.

Is the driver you mention the SGP API guider?

thanks,
Paul