AAG Cloudwatcher - Sky Brightness not showing

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired an AAG Cloudwatcher and have it connected to SGP via the ASCOM Observing Hub Driver. The Setup allows me to stipulate which AAG file should be used for which measurement, such as Temp, Sky Temperatur etc.

I’ve noticed, that the Sky Brightness cannot be configured in the hub or the file I refer to (same as Sky Tempratur etc.) does not contain the necessary data. That means that the Environment tab in SGP does not Show the Sky Brightness either.

What am I doing wrong? The whole Topic is new to me and noone else seems to have had the issue in the past.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Allen

Hi Allen,

I just checked and you’re right, the brightness data is NOT included in the “aag_sld.dat” file.

Have you tried generating a “user data file” and have the driver get the information from there?

Best regards,

jaime

Hi Jaime,
thanks for getting back to me.

Tried that, but the user data file is in csv Format, which seems cannot be read by the Driver (Boltwood).
Any other ideas? How can I create a dat file?

Checked the csv file and it does contain the Brightness data.

Thank you.

Regards,
Allen

Hi Allen,

hm, if the driver only reads “Boltwood” compliant data, then there’s no way to solve that, the Boltwood file specification does not include sky brightness - even if the ASCOM observing conditions does.

I can add a custom driver to my “To Do” list if you find the brightness really important.

Best regards,

Hi Jaime,
thank you for your help. It’s not that important, but if you one day find yourself bored with Nothing else to do, then I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Allen

+1 on this request :grinning:
Steve

Received! :wink: