Add an autofocus exposure (at any time by user) to the last AF graph to compare new HFR to the AF HFR

I would love to be able to pause the sequence and be able to call up the AutoFocus graph used to get you to the focus you’re currently at, and be able to take an image using the same exposure settings used for that graph, and then SGP measures the HFR and puts a lone plot on that graph so you can compare it to the plot at the bottom of the V-curve. After plotting one exposure on the previous AF graph you can then decide focus is still good and resume the sequence, or do a complete AF run.

It would also be nice if the Validation Frame at the end of an AF run was independently plotted on the graph, and in a different color than the blue dots.

I have another approach that might be easier to do and/or make more sense. You would pause the sequence, take one exposure that you use for AF and when the image downloads push the ‘Star Icon Button’ which SGP will measures the individual star’s HFR. If SGP would come up with that images HFR as a whole (like it does for the AF run), You could be able to compare that HFR with the Validation Frame’s HFR. Maybe even have the Validation Frame HFR displayed in the Focus Control Module.

Sorry if these requests have been posted before, but I looked pretty far back and did a couple searches.

-Jamee

2 Likes

I have another approach that might be easier to do and/or make more sense. You would pause the sequence, take one exposure that you use for AF and when the image downloads push the ‘Star Icon Button’ which SGP will measures the individual star’s HFR. If SGP would come up with that images HFR as a whole (like it does for the AF run), You could be able to compare that HFR with the Validation Frame’s HFR. Maybe even have the Validation Frame HFR displayed in the Focus Control Module.

Really great idea overall! This only works if the exposure length is the same as your autofocus exposure length. So maybe when clicking the “Star Icon” the autofocus graph only pops up with an exposure of the same length as your autofocus exposure? Otherwise you’d need to add an additional dedicated button for this somewhere.

This would definitely be great too.

In addition to my previous post, I’d like to be able to hover the mouse over the blue dots plotted on the AF graph and have a bubble pop up displaying the HFR for that frame. By the time the V-curve reaches its valley, the Y-axis scale can be as high as 1.8, making it hard to judge the HFR for the indivisible fames.

Alternately each blue dot could be labeled with the HFR for that frame.