AF HFR out of tolerance warning: real issue or false alarm?

I find the warning is sometimes warranted and things are slightly out of focus.

Can there be a check box or something that when this warning pops up, a second AF run takes place?

When I force a redo of the AF after the warning, there is a very real improvement. Making this happen automatically seems to be the ticket.

Dan

I had some nights to test autofocus… because of small mechanical issues on my crayford sometimes i get asymetrical V curve at the beginning of autofocus routine… when this happens i have exactly the OP v curve (flipped left-right) and the popup warning… on my setup being a little off perfect focus means oblongued stars at the corners of ccd…

Until now the only solution i found for automation was to set “data points” to 13… so the first couple of steps (the wing) will count less on the V trend… however i’ll go considerably far from focus point and sometimes autofocus completely loose the focus…

However rerunning manually a second time the autofocus routine always gives a nice Vcurve and of course without warning… 10 days i’m trying and this particular issue is quite reproducible…

I think could be useful to add an option… maybe
"Re-run autofocus if HFR warning till XX maximum times"