Alnitak Flip Flat brights w/out filter wheel

Hello! I am looking for some help with getting an Alnitak Flip Flat to work properly.

My configuration:

• SGPro 2.6.0.10
  • Alnitak Flip Flat on COM6, successfully found in SGP and configured to use COM6, connected before start of sequence
  • Sequence with two events - lights, then flats
  • No filter wheel

The problem I have is that when the flats sequence runs, the brightness on the flip flat is set to zero. I had the same problem when trying to use the Flats Calibration Wizard, despite manually setting the flip flat brightness both via the Alnitak app (prior to launching SGP) and then in SGP (using the docking module).

I found this thread that seems relevant, but the answer there was to use the filter setup screen to do this. I do not have a filter wheel as I currently use an OSC. How do I get flats to be taken with a chosen (or even automatic but non-zero) brightness level?

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw193BVETes-UF8tOHZfWHdTMFk/view?usp=sharing
Log has me messing with the flats setting around 7:08pm
Sequence starts at 7:10:55pm
Flats start at 1:20:28am

After playing with SGP more, I found the option under filter wheels to define flat brightness for when one has no filter wheel and was able to successfully begin a sequence of flat captures.

I wonder if it makes sense to put a link to the dialog for setting flat box brightness in the absence of a filter wheel directly in the filter wheel module or settings in the control panel. As it was I was quite baffled last night and this morning.

In any case, thank you MSS for creating such awesome software!

2 Likes

nice find @Fnord123

2 Likes