Another sequce halted due to EFW2 failing to phone home

Using an ATIK EFW2.

Sequence ran great last night a series of 5 targets to go through the 5th one started and ran through all the red frames just fine (except some autofocus issues) but on a call to position the green filter I got the sequence failed filter failed to set or something like that.

Here is the log file.

The failure starts at around 4:44:16

I am running version 4.1.0.9 of the ATIK drivers

This is an Atik problem, so it would be best to post on the Atik forum or contact Atik directly. Lots of people have had driver issues…

Okay will do. I just found they have a new set of drivers out 4.1.2.1 I think. I will try those tonight.

Just a ‘heads-up’…
I was reluctant to update my Atik drivers since others were having problems late last year and earlier this year. However I have recently updated to version 4.1.1.4 (dated Feb. '17) and have had no problems running EFW2 from within SGP.

Good luck. Do me a favor and post here what you find with the new
drivers. Frankly, I needed to go back several generation of drivers before
I had one that was stable.

That’s good to know Kinch, thanks for telling us.

Well that was an unmitigated disaster. I installed the ‘latest’ drivers from ATIK 4.1.2.1 I believe and everything but the camera would connect. I tried several resets of both the equipment and the laptop. It just would not connect to the 383L.

So I tried a system restore that I had created prior to the driver upgrade and that failed…

So I rolled back the drivers to the previous version 4.1.0.9 and after an hours worth of putzing around I finally got the entire sequence to run all night till about 6:00 am.

I am chalking up the previous fail to the pretty cold temps below freezing /shrug

Hi.

Did/Are you using a USB-Hub where the EFW2 is running through?
I had same issues (but not only with the EFW2) in cold weather. As soon as i took the Autoguider directly to the computer (QHY5L-II) the problems never occured again. Seems that as the QHY5 takes a lot of bandwith (nearly at max of USB2) maybe the cold temperatures additionally helped the connection timeouts etc. With cold i mean -15 degrees celcius.

So if you’ve got a hub in the middle, try to eliminate it, in case it happens again.
Other thing to try is also connecting the EFW on a different USB Port. Some ports on the computer are on the same internal hub, and would have similar issues if overloaded by devices such as an autoguider camera downloading lots of frames constantly.

Kind regards, Graem

Sorry for the delay in response, got busy with other stuff.

Yes I do use a hub but it has not really presented any issues. The last couple of runs went through without a hitch.

As you can see it is pretty well populated :slight_smile:

Although I still occassionaly have to power cycle the wheel when first connecting to SGP.

@UlteriorModem, have you seen this thread
http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/atik-efw2-fails-to-report-move-complete-sgp-failed-to-notify/3875/34
?

Yes I did Joel, sorry been kind of busy.

It was a little different for Win10 but a similar setting. So I set it to not switch off the USB ports but the weather has been not so great with intermittent clouds so most sequences I have attempted have been cut short due to the guide star being lost.

Long way of saying I haven’t had a chance to test it yet.

Thanks.