ANSVR failing due to adress resource already in use

Hello - Have run into an issue with ANSVR not solving due to a resource problem (I think).
The solver was working, but now has issues.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled ANSVR v0.19 which does not resolve issue.

If I start with fresh boot of PC the solver works once, then on second time (or any thereafter) fails with the following:

Hope there is some way to clear this thanks.
Martysg_logfile_20170728150407.txt (25.7 KB)

Below is the error that pops up in ANSVR watch log:

Reading input file 1 of 1: “stars.fit”…
2 [main] python2.7 6684 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by ‘cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll’ (0xA50000) is already occupied
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/bin/image2pnm.py”, line 328, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/bin/image2pnm.py”, line 325, in main
mydir, fix_sdss=options.fix_sdss)
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/bin/image2pnm.py”, line 246, in convert_image
comp = uncompress_file(infile, uncompressed)
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/bin/image2pnm.py”, line 96, in uncompress_file
typeinfo = filetype_short(infile)
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/python/astrometry/util/filetype.py”, line 42, in filetype_short
ft = filetype(fn)
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/python/astrometry/util/filetype.py”, line 20, in filetype
(rtn,out,err) = run_command(cmd)
File “/usr/lib/astrometry/python/astrometry/util/run_command.py”, line 14, in run_command
child = subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=True, stdin=PIPE, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, close_fds=True)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 390, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 916, in _execute_child
self.pid = os.fork()
OSError: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable
augment-xylist.c:585:backtick Failed to run command: /usr/lib/astrometry/bin/image2pnm.py --sanitized-fits-outfile /tmp/tmp.sanitized.Tyv56C --fix-sdss --infile stars.fit --uncompressed-outfile /tmp/tmp.uncompressed.dwaEsE --outfile /tmp/tmp.ppm.W5sV6G --ppm
ioutils.c:605:run_command_get_outputs Command failed: return value 1
@@@@ FAILED
pid 9688 exiting

I was helping a friend setup SGP and ANSVR at a star party last week and we sort of ran into a strange issue like this. It would work fine on the first solve then we kept getting a similar error on any subsequent solve.

We did a last ditch effort and created a new user profile in Windows which solved it totally. I’m not sure if it will help you but you can try it. It will require copying some configuration files from SGP and PHD and EQMOD.

Other times we’ve had reports of errors like that it has turned out to be related to Anti-virus software. (more info here: Cygwin FAQ)

Perhaps try temporarily disabling your AV software and see if that make the problem go away?

Thanks for the comments, they made me think about what may have been going on.
I think the conflict arose when I loaded another program that reinstalled or altered cygwin that was on my PC already. I am guessing that did not play well with cygwin_ansvr which was loaded with ANSVR. Uninstalling & reinstalling ANSVR did not resolve the issue as the other version of cygwin was still on my PC. I had to uninstall ANSVR, delete both versions of cygwin, clear cygwin_ansvr out of the registry (just to be sure) and then reloaded only ANSVR. This has things working again, I just hope it stays that way.

Regards,
Marty