Ansvr issue

Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to take my rig to a dark sky party next month where I will be offline. I have been using astronomy.net as my blind plate solver, so I setup ansvr. Last night when I set it up, everything worked perfectly. Tonight, it’s not working. Its log says that it can’t setup the server because address already in use at /opt/asnvr/ansvr.line 1316. I searched the forum and found that I need to change the port from 8080 to something else. I reinstalled the program and changed it to 8081 but this changed nothing. I’m not sure what is going on. It worked well when I set it up last night and I had the same programs running tonight as last night. I’m not sure why some other program would start using the port or whether that is real problem. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I replied to your email last night. This seems to be the Windows 10 update issue that other folks have been reporting. The workaround is to uninstall and re-install ansvr. (See my email for more specific instructions.)

Andy

In case anyone was following this thread the issue turned out to be that Avast anti-virus was quarantining files related to ansvr (perl.exe I think). Rob was able to resolve the problem by adding an exception in Avast to prevent the file from being quarantined.