Ansvr Local and Remote

Hi,

I am tuning up a 29’X22’ system and due to space issues I have only loaded the catalogs that are needed for this range of scale. I have been able to plate solve using local Ansvr.

Last night though, for some reason it would not solve. I winded up using the remote solver and it was able to solve. I figure this has to do with the availability of indexes and I may need to load more indexes, but why was it able to solve before and it now cannot?

I am trying to look into the ansvr’s log file to see what catalog it used to solve. I don’t know if the information gets to be available if remote Ansvr was used, but I can still look for my older log files to check on the index files.

I have imported my recent log files into a workbook so I could diagnose the issue. The file can be found here.

It looks like I was having success up until last two sessions. I wonder how to find the index file and how to determine the reasons for failure.

Thanks for any input.

Farzad

Hi Farzad, Do you have a sample FITS image that failed to solve with the local astrometry.net instance? If you could upload a sample image we can check to see if there are any ansvr settings that might help the local instance solve it.
Andy

Hi Andy.

Unfortunately I don’t have an image because I never got to image and have been trying to figure that and centering issues out. I reloaded the index files last night and was able to solve with no issues.

Thanks

ok, cool. If it does happen again you can grab an image and we can investigate more (e.g. use the Frame and Focus module with the duration set to your plate solve exposure duration.)

Will do - thanks