ANSVR Local Solve Time

Having succesfully installed and setup ANSVR Local Plate Solver what would be the best approach to speed up the process? Currenlty its taking well over a minute to produce a result.

Does that sound about right or should it typically be faster than that?

Cheers
Aidi

It’s going to depend on your processor speed, but that’s certainly in the ball park. Mine typically take 30-90s to solve. I’m not sure that much can be done to speed up the process, but Andy will hopefully chime in with some suggestions to tweak the ANSVR settings.

You can tweak some of the things in the settings page (accessible from SGP) also limiting the number of index files you have enabled will speed things up (but can also cause more failures…it’s a fine balance)

Thanks,
Jared

A minute is actually pretty good. Mine take about 30-60sec.

Aidi, are you using ansvr as the primary plate solver?

If so, you might want to consider using PS2 as the primary solver and only use ansvr as the Blind solver.

That way you get the speed of PS2 for most plates solves, but get to fall-back to ansvr when necessary.

ANSVR is purely for failover. PS2 is my primary and solves in seconds.

It was really a general question to see if i was in the ballpark with ANSVR or way out!! If 60-90 secs is the norm, then looks like i’m playing ball!

Cheers
Aidi