ANSVR local solve

I have set up SGP now on quite a number of machines and have always managed to get the local ANSVR solve working without too much bother. Now on my latest PC it has me well and truly baffled.

When I run it the log says

[2017-11-25 17:09:00] [Connect from 127.0.0.1]
[2017-11-25 17:09:00] GET /api/config HTTP/1.1
[2017-11-25 17:09:00] [Connect from 127.0.0.1]
[2017-11-25 17:09:00] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
[2017-11-25 17:09:00] serve notfound uri = /favicon.ico

I have had to use a different port (8092) and I have that set in the blind solve settings and the webpage opens up fine when I press settings. When I try to blind solve it fails straight away (I can remote solve without issue).

I have the correct indices loaded for my image scale as taken from the remote solve and the image scale is correct in the camera information… but I can’t even get it to start.

My FOV is 3.13 x 2.36 degrees… so I have loaded in the indices 4214 - 4216 covering 240-680 arc mins… which should cover my FOV. There is no firewall on and stopping anything.

The link to the SGP log is

The link to the ansvr log is

I really hope someone can help …

Hi Sara

Just throwing out an idea here - could this be related to permissions ie the different port not being allowed/blocking connections? Whether this is at the PC level or router . . .

Barry

I do wonder if this is a PC related issue as the local ANSVR doesn’t even appear to start… but I’ve gone round in circles on this and I just don’t know where to look now or how :frowning:

Ansvr is up and running fine on that port, and SGP is connecting to it, but something goes wrong right away (SGP Log):

[11/25/17 17:17:11.240][DEBUG] [Unknown] Exception in Astrometry.NET Solver: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.

I believe that is saying that SGP is having trouble interpreting the information that ansvr is sending back to SGP, but there’s not enough detail in either of the logs to say exactly what the problem is.

If you want to contact me directly (andy.galasso@gmail.com) I can give you a version of ansvr with extra detailed logging so we can collect some more diagnostic information.

Andy

Sara,

Never mind my last post: I see what the problem is now. Check your Endpoint setting in SGP (Control Panel > Plate Solve > Blind Settings > Endpoint). It should be: http://127.0.0.1:8092/api (and not http://127.0.0.1:8092/api/config)

Andy

Excellent - Works a treat now Andy… Many thanks :slight_smile: