Anyone using a FLI 16803 ? Help needed

I am having problems with the high speed mode on my FLI 16803 with SGP.

SGP looks like it downloads a corrupted image so it stops during plate solve and center during a when the option is checked. Oddly on the spot sync and works fine. I am not sure if the high mode is being used with ad hoc centering.

This does not happen with other software that I have used.

Is it just me ? The moderator suggested this mode works fine for others with this camera.
If so let me know. Did you add some new down load from FLI? I check the web site the drivers have not been uploaded in a while. I installed the driver about a year ago.

Max

Max,

The only user I can recall using a 16803 for sure is @jbalsam (maybe @mstriebeck?). Haven’t either around for a bit…

Hi-speed mode is only used for frame and focus and plate solving (so yes on the centering question). Can you post logs? How many speeds does your camera supports (how many are in the drop down)?

Here is a post where he indicates both modes seem to be working.

I haven’t done any imaging in a while (at least 6-8 months). I do have an
FLI PL16803 that I was trying to get working with SGP a while back. My
imaging hobby has been on the back burner recently (not for any particular
reason, just haven’t felt like messing with it).

It supports 1mbs standard, 8mbs high speed. (RBI modes have not been implement yet in SGP.)

Frame and focus works fine and so does standard centering, rotation and sync.
When go to do a real sequence I get this funny image ie no stars and sync-centering fails.

I posted a screen shot on another thread from day before yesterday.
It was titled some about FLI proline wrong filter.

The problem has nothing to do the wrong filter. I was thinking it was using Ha for centering but a 5 sec HA frames does not look like this.

Max

This is what downloads during a sequence when SGP does a sync-center during a run. Of course this fails to plate solve.

Going to slow speed mode show normal images and sync-centers fine during a run .

Frame and centering functions outside of a run also work fine if with the high speed box checked.
I don’t get this type of image ever except inside of a target run with the high speed box checked.

Well, you have me at a complete loss. In the code, there is no difference between centering outside of a sequence (manually) or having the sequence start it for you automatically. If you could do both again and provide logs for us to look at, we might be able to see something.

Here are few logs to look at. I know the one ending with 106 has the event mentioned. Please comment on anything concerning the mount. ( Using ASA DDM85)sg_logfile_20160125200035.txt (195.6 KB)sg_logfile_20160125192106.txt (244.4 KB)sg_logfile_20160125203814.txt (371.0 KB)sg_logfile_20160126184006.txt (299.5 KB)

I can’t be certain, but it looks like there may be an issue only when the camera transitions between modes. This would explain why you only see the issue sometimes. For instance, I see a plate solve failure when moving the camera from normal speed to high speed, but the next high speed frame seems fine.

For now, I would just keep both modes on either fast or slow to prevent the switch between them. We can take a look at this at some point (but… there are some other pretty serious issues we need to look at so I have no time estimate for when we might be able to start this…)

Plus… if that works for you, it will pretty much confirm my assumption.

I can manage with standard speed mode just fine for now. I know your plate is full with feature requests.
Let me know how and when I can help. I can volunteer some scope time for remote sessions so you can test the driver in real time.
Next best thing to having it yourself. The camera is live in the observatory 24-7. I imagine you could get by with 95% of the testing in the daylight too. So it is very unlikely to inconvenience me.
You might as well add the RBI modes which I see is another feature on the requested list.
Max

@maxm SGPro 2.5.0.7 makes one small change to try and account for this change between modes (according to previous conversations with FLI folks). If this works, great, if not, we will need to take a deeper dive at a later date.

Awesome. I will test tonight

I work just fine now. You fixed it.

Thanks

Max