Anyone using GNS?

I bought GNS in the early days and then noted that SGP adopted it later on. I have not used it for a year and noted an app warning message that the app is out of date with the iOS version. Just wondering if anyone is actively using this these days?

I use GNS every now and again, or used to until the iOS 11 upgrade, which has broken the app. I know that there is a new version in the pipeline from Jamie as soon as he can get it through Apple testing.

I find it a bit of an awkward app though and am never entirely convinced of whether it is working or not! The app tends to fall over before the system it is monitoring does - not quite the idea!

I tend to use it most of the time for both my local and remote systems. I do have to set the watchdog feature to a huge number (effectively disabling it) for the remote system since coms can be slow in that situation. I also have found that it squawks when it should not so turn off many of the messages inside SGP GNS setup. That way I can just use it more as a monitor than a safety device.

Hello,

as said, a new app is about to be available - hopefully this very same week.

A bit sad to read some of you are experiencing problems or not exploiting the full potential of the app… I’m more than happy to help find out what’s wrong, if not SGP related better address me directly.

Best regards,

jaime

I had my SGP monitoring system working fine for over a year and suddenly I get this problem . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks.

there is another recent note on issues with the email notifications - I’m trying to find the thread…

thanks …appreciate the effort …still can’t get it to work .