AP Mach 1 not slewing

I tried SGP for the first time tonight. All connections were made between SGP and the mount, filter wheel, and Moonlite motofocuser. I set M1 as a target, added coordinates from Astrobin (also tried entering in myself) and wanted to run a single 30s event to just see it slew. The first time it slewed toward the ground. Afterwards, I kept getting an error message that said, “This sequence requires a telescope! - Target M1 uses center on start. A telescope has been detected but it is currently unable to slew (parked or not tracking). Do you want to start your telescope when the sequence begins?”

My Mach 1 is in park position 4 to start. I tried slewing to M1 with SkySafari and it worked perfectly. I then used the individual buttons on the AP Mach 1 ASCOM driver and they worked perfectly and I was able to go back to park 4 with the ASCOM driver. So, I am setting up something wrong in SGP but I cannot seem to find the error.

Hi,
I assume you are using the AstroPhysics GTO V2 Mount and have connected to it. If you look at the driver status (left-click on the driver icon in the task bar), you should see that the tracking rate is “Not Tracking”. In the Park/Unpark Settings, make sure the Unpark is from Last Parked and that Park is Park 4. And, of course, that the scope is in the Park 4 position. When you answer yes to the question, SGP should slew the scope to the “Center on” position in the sequence window. You don’t need to check the “Slew to” box.

Hope this helps,
Kent

Hi Kent

Thanks- I got it figured out. It was my Park/Unpark settings that I had wrong. Once I changed Unpark to Last Park (it was on Park 4) and Park on Park 4, it started slewing correctly. Also, thanks for clarifying that I do not need to check “slew to” box.

Bruce

Glad you got it working.

Kent