AP900 won't slew

I used to run SGP 2.6 fine with my AP900 (slew and platesolving) before I upgrade my PC to Windows 10.

SGP can connect to my AP900 without problem. Control mount movement with Ascom directional control is working fine. However, it won’t slew to my target at all under SGP. Goto with AP900 hand controller is working fine too.

Any suggestion as to why?

Thank you.

We’ll need a SGP log to see what’s up. Please see here:

Thanks,
Jared

Can you use planetarium software to send slew commands to the mount via ASCOM driver? If you can’t, then it’s not SGP problem.

I have A-P1100 mount and don’t have issues and use Windows 10 with latest update and A-P V2 ASCOM driver version 5.20.08.

Peter

good idea. I tried SkyX and it worked; though it is not using Ascom.

I think you can use ASCOM with SkyX but I don’t know how to do it.

Peter

The Astro-Physics ASCOM driver comes with some useful utilities, including ApJog, which would allow you to test slewing. I suggest you try using ApJog.

That said, is it possible that you tried slewing with the mount parked? The mount will not slew unless unparked and tracking is enabled.

-Ray

Thanks. Unparked and control the mount with Ascom directional keys was working properly. That’s why I wondered why it didn’t work with SGP slew command.

Another observation is my AP900 hand controller time was not synced with PC time even after I pressed time sync button on Ascom panel.

If using SkyX, it is better to use its own AP900 driver rather than via Ascom, I believe.

Thanks. Unparked and control the mount with Ascom directional keys was working properly.
That’s why I wondered why it didn’t work with SGP slew command

Except that using the “ASCOM directional keys” is not the same as instantiating a slew. Please try what I suggested, that is using the Astro-Physics “ApJog” software application that is included with the AP V2 ASCOM Driver. It can initiate a slew relative to the mount’s current location.

-Ray

Actually it is not better because then you cannot use any of the multitude of ASCOM client applications, such as Sequence Generator Pro.

-Ray

Thank you everyone. Tonight the slew just works. Not sure what happened in the other night.
The only thing I did was upgrading it to the latest version 2.6.x.

update 2019/1/25: reason: the mount was still parked when I send the slew command.