APCC with SGP

Tonight I tried to use APCC in with SGP and PHD2. I seemed to get everything working, but the telescope RA and Dec. didn’t get updated. Could anyone who uses a similar configuration help me? I am using SGP 3.0.5

specifically what do you mean by this? the fits header of saved images is wrong? the display of the RA/DEC somewhere is wrong?

rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for responding. I had my scope parked. My target was Capella. I started the sequence and SGP slewed to Capella, spot on. My docked “Telescope” object did not show Capella’s RA and DEC. When the plate solve started, it again did not have Capella’s RA and Dec, so the plate solve failed even through Capella was in the image.

It seemed to me that the scope knew where it was, but those locations were not being passed to SGP.

This was my first attempt using APCC. My Mach 1 was connected through a virtual port in APCC

If you have any suggestions, I appreciate them.

Bob

hmm… well, i never use the Telescope object so i can’t say if mine updates or not, however, your platesolve experience does sound like SGP is not able to read the RA/DEC. that has not happened to me.

i have APCC connected to a USB-serial adapter to the mount on COM6, and the AP driver is connected to a virtual serial port (COM12), and finally SGP is connected to the AP driver. i think this is exactly what you have (probably because there’s only one way to do it.)

is it possible this is related to the recent windows patches for spectre/meltdown? i understand that a lot of ASCOM drivers had problems with the patch and that there was a workaround that bob denny posted (i think there is a thread here too…). i never applied those patches to my imaging machine so i don’t know if this problem is how the patches would manifest.

rob

I was able to get everything working. The only change I had to make was to download the very latest ASCOM driver.

2 Likes