ASCOM Camera Error on v3.1.0.289

Hi, i’m using ZWO 1600mm and almost every other frame is giving me an Sequence Error Fail to save image to disk. I have the latest drivers from zwo and ascom. And camera is the only thing connected since i’m running darks and bias frames.

883][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] EventMarker 16 - t:BiasAndDarks (1); e:0; f:2; o: [10/08/19 22:26:50.665][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera Error : CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.ASICamera2_2.Camera ImageArray Get System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. (See Inner Exception for details) (System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.) at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 630 at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.GetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 664 at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 288 at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Camera.get_ImageArray() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Camera.cs:line 359 at ru.hu(p5 A_0, r4& A_1) [10/08/19 22:26:50.666][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Error while attempting to capture frame... [10/08/19 22:26:50.666][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Adding sequence level notification: Error attempting to capture image (see logs for more information). [10/08/19 22:26:50.707][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Sending Notification: Error - Error attempting to capture image (see logs for more information). [10/08/19 22:26:50.708][DEBUG] [Camera Thread] SGM_CAMERA_CAPTURE complete... [10/08/19 22:26:50.906][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] EventMarker 17 - t:BiasAndDarks (1); e:0; f:2; o:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/914ue0h5vvecl62/sg_logfile_20191008200129.txt?dl=0

@urbekk

I don’t think this issue you are seeing is directly related to the beta. Maybe others with the ASI can comment here. The bottom line here is that SGPro is just the messenger in this case. The error emanates from the ASCOM driver and SGPro is just showing it to you. The error you are receiving means that the driver can’t find a big enough (contiguous) spot in memory to put the image in to. It can be caused by low disk space, but that’s pretty rare. So… here are some comments and questions:

• I think you may want to try the “native” ZWO driver as that tends to be more stable. Maybe? ASI owners can verify that.
  • Others seem to have better luck lowering their bus speed to I think the slowest setting?
  • What is open in SGPro when you are imaging? Other images (besides the one the camera is taking)? Did you accidentally toggle the setting that opens a new image for every frame instead of replacing it? How many targets are in the sequence?
  • You may want to just double check that you have a sufficient amount of disk space.
2 Likes

Yes i tried switching to native ZWO drivers and it looks like the error is gone, i havent seen any more of it later-
Thank you.