ASCOM Driver for TheSky Telescopes - settings changing

This is an issue that has come up occasionally and, although not really an SGP issue, I wonder if others have seen this issue or similar issues with the “ASCOM Driver for TheSky Telescopes”:

What happened last night is that the mount (ME) failed to flip. When I checked the ASCOM driver “can get pointing state” had become unchecked, which explains why.

BUT I HAD NOT UNCHECKED IT - in fact, I had not even opened that dialog in months.

I will also add that several times in the past few years I have also seen “Use Directguide” become unchecked, seemingly all by itself. Also, the latter has happened to a friend on a totally different system a couple times.

So two questions:

1. Has anyone else seen this?
  2. Can external programs change these settings? If so, how does one prevent this? (OK, two questions there)

Thanks

No, we have no access to that (well technically not true…but it would likely take a significant amount of work and be specific to your mount)…so no, we certainly don’t mess with it.

Thanks,
Jared

OK thanks, I did not think that was the case. That leaves the question of just how the heck these settings are getting modified. Mystery of the universe, I guess.