ASI Camera Not Detected

Hello,

Due to concerns with ASCOM drivers having possibly been corrupted I uninstalled and reinstalled ASCOM platform, ASI ASCOM camera driver and ASI EFW ASCOM drivers and reinstalled them. I did this on two similar machines. However, on one machine all is well with SGO and I am able to connect to ASI Camera 1 or 2 and configure it, but I cannot do that with the other computer. The SGP on the other computer can configure and connect to all ASCOM drivers except the ASI camera driver. Attached is pretty much what is running on both computers.

I should mention that I use the working computer to remote into the computer that is reporting not to find ASI camera. I usually remote into that computer to operate it and all used to be working.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks

Farzad

Hm, nothing really comes to mind unfortunately. Try different USB ports and cables. Maybe try another application and see if it works there. If not you may need to contact ZWO about the issue.

Thanks,
Jared

Okay, thanks.

I actually found out what the issue was. ZWO has a driver on their website that is supposed to be used if you want to use it on windows, presumably with another software. They also have the ASCOM driver that supposedly is all that is needed to operate the camera under the ASCOM platform. Both these drivers need to be installed in order for SGP to be able to operate the camera.

Just FYI.

Glad this thread was here …

I was pulling (what’s left of my) hair out trying to connect my ASI cameras after reinstalling.

I had ASCOM drivers all set, but sure enough, the ZWO drivers are ALSO required, even if you only use ASCOM.

Thank you Farzad!