ASI1600MM-Cool Problems: Error writing file and Slow Download speeds

I just got my new camera and since it’s raining lately I decided to try out capturing some bias/dark frames for practice, but I’m running into 2 problems

System Config:
SGP version: v2.5.1.17
ASI Ascom Version 1.0.2.23
ASI camera drivers 1.3.12.28
USB Setting: 40
USB 3
Intel Compute Stick
I did not power or run the cooler for these experiments

First Problem: I set the sequence to take 10 bias frames at 0 second exposures, and I got some errors ‘Error downloading file’. I was able to resolve this by injecting a delay of 4 seconds between each frame.

[1/4/2017 8:13:03 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] ASCOM Camera Error : CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.ASICamera2.Camera ImageArray Get System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. (See Inner Exception for details) (System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.)
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 630
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.GetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 664
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type parameterTypes, Object parms) in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 288
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Camera.get_ImageArray() in c:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Camera.cs:line 361
at fa.j(c8 A_0, hu& A_1)
[1/4/2017 8:13:03 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Error while attempting to capture frame…
[1/4/2017 8:13:03 PM] [DEBUG] [Camera Thread] Adding sequence level notification: Error attempting to capture image (see logs for more information).

2nd Problem: After fixing #1 I set the sequence to take 100 frames and I got to about frame 62 before things appeared to be stuck on ‘Downloading’. However when I looked at the file system I could see the file size growing for the current frame, but very very slowly. It took about 20 minutes for one frame to finish.

I rebooted and the speed looked fine so I started the 100 frames again. Again the same problem occured with very slow download speeds for later images. The first 10-20 which I watched manually worked fine.

SGP logs for 2nd issue: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_jRsujhCGrWSXUxV0NWWk0yckk

@pipplo

To figure out what’s going on here, we would need SGPro logs and, equally as important in this case, the ASCOM logs for the ASI so we can correlate. Thanks.

How do I gather the ASI ascom logs?

I have the SGP logs with the slow transfer issue. At the end of the logs you can see when I aborted the download that was going slow and how long it took for the download to complete.

This happened with both USB2 and USB3 at USB setting 40.

I don’t know how to find the logs from the ASI camera and I haven’t been able to figure out how to do enable them.

Here are the SGP logs:

May be worth asking the ASI people.