Asking for a little Script to developers

I see you are not going to develop a featured requested for some people: “Rotating through Targets”.

At the moment, SGP can only “Rotate through events” inside a Target. But it has to finish all events before going to the next Target.

“Rotating through Targets” is a very interesting feature for lot of us:

• Panel mosaics.
  • Astrometry
  • Comets and asteroids
  • Variable stars, etc

I don’t know anything about programming scripts, but I suppose that it should be very easy creating a Script that at the end of the sequence, it should reset the sequence and re-starts it.

In that way, if I create a sequence, for example, with 4 different targets, when all them are finished, instead of stopping the program, we can reset the entire sequence and beginning again.
It should be possible also adding a time counter (for example, re-start now or in one hour or X minutes). That it’s interesting for astrometry, as we need some time distance between new image shots. Also you need a variable counter, as you may need 1, 2 …n resets and stars.

I don’t really know if that kind of script is really easy or difficult, as I don’t know anything about programming.

What do you think? It sounds easy:
At the end of sequence:
For 1 to n

• Reset sequence
  • Wait X minutes
  • Re-start the sequence
    Next n

Forgive me if my ignorance of programming makes me say silly things!
Fernando

You can get the result you want by duplicating targets in the sequence. Suppose you want to rotate through targets A & B two times. Your sequence would look like this:
Target A
Target B
Target A
Target B

1 Like