Astrometry local soved in log but not noticed by SGP

I will follow up with screen shots and log files a little later but here is my issue:

I got local (and remote) Astrometry plate solving working with my setup on one laptop, then that laptop had a harddisk issue and I had to switch.

On laptop #2, I can’t get plate solving working in SGP, with all the same settings that were working on laptop #1. Images are solving in AstroTortilla (shared index files with Astrometry local server) AND in the log file of the local Astometry ansrv. put SGP never sees or responds to the fact that the plate was solved.

So, I’m stuck until I can get this resolved.

Has anyone seen this issue before? I’m using the latest SGP release in the main distribution, and the latest Astrometry ansvr. I’d be happy to try the latest beta if that would help. Both laptops are windows 7 64 bits.

Here you can see that ansvr has finished the plate solve successfully, but SGP doesn’t realize it (plate solve dialog still says “abort solver” and status on main window is “plate solving”).

Above is the log file. Looks like SGP did see the successful solve but had some ASCOM problem syncing the scope, and therefor didn’t finish (silent failure)?

I suppose it’s possible the scope was “parked” (EQMOD, stellariumscope) because I was just trying to get plate solving working before actually slewing to a target.

It is silent, but no longer considered a failure. What it is that you were doing? Centering, manual target solve? If you were just solving, you should have still seen a dialog with the solve data. If you were centering, the process should still continue whether or not the scope syncs.

Is this an example of the sync error?

[4/27/2016 10:40:13 PM] [DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Telescope: Invalid Operation Exception in Sync : SyncToCoordinates() RaDec sync is not permitted if moumt is not Tracking. (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: SyncToCoordinates() RaDec sync is not permitted if moumt is not Tracking.
— End of inner exception stack trace —

That’s saying that sync failed because the scope is not tracking. Was the scope tracking?

The problem with slews and syncs to Ra and Dec coordinates when the scope is not tracking is that the position isn’t very well defined.

If the mount was tracking then you probably need to check with the driver author.

Chris