While I appreciate all the feedback we are getting during the 2.5.1 (Auto Focus Refactor) beta, it is becoming difficult for me to track all of the threads created for it…
If you don’t mind, please continue that feedback here. I just released 22.214.171.124 moments ago… this is an excerpt from the release logs:
- More changes to auto focus. Specifically:
- Replaced the “minimum star size” slider with a numeric entry field (the slider was always meant to be temporary). This will, among other things, allow you to be precise about this number.
- This new numeric entry box might be more permanent-“ish”… depending on how the rest of the AF beta goes (it is ugly as all get-out, but serves a purpose right now; aesthetics later). This field is also smarter about binning… allowing you to set it for 1x1 frames and then scaling itself as you adjust to different binning modes for AF frames. This will hopefully prep the field for entry into equipment profiles as well (not currently implemented).
- More star rejection logic to help clean up false positives (specifically for data starved images).
- Minor changes that do not affect metrics, but should help with performance.
I think this new methodology is coming along nicely… We certainly appreciate all the community feedback here. I am especially pleased that we have come this far into the beta with only one user definable parameter. That is awesome. Making this easy to use reduces the amount of support time we have to commit to it which is ultimately realized as time we can put toward new features.
Please let us know what you think of 126.96.36.199…