Auto focus every frame , fault

Hi All, i am having a problem with autofocus. I set it to focus on filter change and also to focus every 5 frames. Lately it has been focusing at the completion of every frame and it seems to lose the correct focus eventually. If i set it to only focus on filter change only it still autofocuses every frame. I have it set to complete the sequence before changing filters. Am i missing something, a setting somewhere that will change this.
Focuser is a sesto senso 2 on a feathertouch.
George

Is your filter wheel a SBIG CFW8? If you can post a log we can take a look.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared , it’s a Moravian G3 16200 inbuilt 5 pos filter wheel. What has it to do with autofocus?
Do I post the log here?

The CFW8 does not report it’s position so it’s pretty common that when using the auto focus on filter change that it will trigger at every frame.

Yes, please provide a dropbox link (or similar) to your logs here.

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared, heres a link to 2 nights.

George

No reply as to the logs as yet, but if i turn off focus on filter change and leave autofocus every x frames would this stop the problem?

Looking at the logs you probably want to do the opposite. Remove the “auto focus every X frames” and leave the filter change. Instead of doing the every 5 frames do every 15 -20 minutes (since you’re taking 3 minute frames). Looking at the logs now. I’m not entirely sure why it’s triggering but it seems to be happening because of the “auto focus every X frames”.

Jared

When you get a chance can you attach the sequence file as well? I’ve pulled the sequence out of your log but I’m unable to replicate the issue doing so. I’ve also added more logging around this so we can try and figure out what’s happening.

Jared

Hi Jared and thanks, i think the new files are what you want. I did not have this problem prior to the latest update

Looking for the sequence file. It will have a .sgf extension.

This build has additional logging around when auto focus is triggered if you’d like to give it a shot (it will likely not solve your problem)

Jared

HI Jared, is this the file you want Dropbox - SGPRo - Simplify your life

Hi Jared, as yet I have received no reply about this problem. Any progress?
I also noted that another user has a similar problem.
tlewis July 5
George

George,
Apologies, I don’t see anything in your sequence that looks wrong. Have you attempted the build I posted that has additional logging? If so can you post the logs?

Jared

Hi Jared, sorry for the late reply, i attempted the build you posted but no change, under focus on filter change it still wants to focus every frame. I resorted to focus every 10 frames which worked

George

Yes, as I mentioned it wouldn’t fix the issue but had additional logging to help track it down. Can you post the log?

Thanks,
Jared

Last nights logfile, hope this helps
George