Auto Focus Option: Function of Temperature

Greetings!

I have been curious if an autofocus option could be added to SGP to “continuously” set focuser position as function of temperature.

Let’s say my focuser has a temperature sensor, and the focuser position can be set through SGP. The current autofocus routine will run after being triggered by user-controlled settings such as temperature changes, elapsed time, or other events. Unfortunately image capture must be halted during this process.

Now imagine that SGP has an option to enter a function that gives focuser setting as function of temperature. If a simple linear function, this would be just two parameters, if quadratic, then three parameters, etc. To make it easier to program, the parameters could simply be manually entered.

I could envision using a night’s worth of stored “V-curve” results of focus settings as temperature drops to come up with a polynomial fit to define those parameters.

The same filter offsets would be applied as before, and the current algorithm could even be triggered now and then to adjust the parameters if desired.

I realize that a lot of focusing software out there already does this kind of temperature compensation, but I’m asking for an SGP version of this. Third party software usually is not connected to SGP and therefore doesn’t know when filters have been changed.

Thanks for your consideration, and I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Ben