Auto focus package enhancements

I recently added an auto-focuser so I’ve been spending a good amount of time getting that working. As part of that, I was saving auto focus packages to review. Having the images plus the image of the final AF run position is useful, but it would be really helpful to have a text file that included:

• Date/time
  • AF run settings (at least right side of the AF options dialog)
  • Filter used
  • Temperature if available
  • Details on each focus test (focus pt, HFR)
  • Perhaps details on the curve fitting

Also, it would be nice if the AF package directory had the date/time in the name rather than the #_# - that would make it a bit more self-documenting.

I know this capability was originally designed to help the developers troubleshoot user problems but I think I’m likely to use it on a regular basis since it would provide some nice additional documentation on a run - without having to parse through the log.

Thanks -

• Tom

Hi Tom,

If you haven’t tested it yet, have a look at the AF Logviewer software I wrote, it will do most of the things you ask for. Just load a SGP .log file. You’ll find a link to the download site under this thread: SGP AF Logviewer v1.2 Release - Auto Focus - Main Sequence Software

Mikael

Mikael -
This is perfect - thanks so much! Time to run a few hours of auto-focusing to get good filter offsets …