Autofocus changing to the wrong filter before routine

EDIT! figured it out, sorry to cycle yall… im an idiot

turns out when i bumped the filters up from 5 to 7, the “focus with” column on the right didnt change… so it was thinking Ha was supposed to be focused with R, and so on.

Feel free to delete the post, but I figured I’d update incase this dumb mistake happens again

Ok this is a goofy one… SGP V 2.6.0.17

I recently upgraded from a 5 postion filter wheel to a 7, had no problems before, this is the first night with the 7 position carousel.

The current filter order is: Ha, Oiii, Sii, R, G, B, L

The problem is: When I hit “run” on Focus Control, it is jumping ahead 3 spots before running the focusing routine. So if i start on Ha, hit “Run”, it jumps to “R”, then starts the routine. If I start on Sii, it jumps to “B”, then starts the routine. Starting on “G” jumps to Ha. always the same amount of jumps, UNLESS I start on “B” or “L”… then it doesnt care and runs no problem (AKA slots 6 and 7)

So whats the deal? I’ve checked every setting I can think of, I’ve reset the wheel, I’ve tried forcing it to always focus on Sii, its very odd.

Thanks for the help!

@jtlandreneau

I am not fully following what you are reporting. SGPro will change the filter to a specific filter prior to AF. I understand what you are reporting, but SGPro does not engage in any type of relative filter change so a pattern with an offset of 3 does not seem possible. I might not be understanding what you are saying though…

The log snippet you presented (deleted for clarity, please post logs as a file) only shows a change to the red filter and seems successful. Please check to see how the sequence override filter is set:

• Are you using the same filter for AF for every filter (AF settings)
  • Do you have SGPro set to use a specific filter for each filter (filter setup)

yeah i got it figured out, you can delete the post if you feel its appropriate (sorry about the copied log)

basically i missed in the filter selection that each one was being told to focus as a different filter. problem solved

If you had this problem, others might too… best to leave this stuff around for future searches.

No problem at all, just trying to keep posts readable for those folks in the future that happen upon this thread.

Glad you’re up and running.