Autofocus confusing

Hi,

i´m now working succesfully with SGP for the first week, and everything seems to be running fine. Except for the fact, that Autofocus is coming up a little bit to often for my taste:-)

Lets say i tell SGP to autofocus every 3rd Frame, it sometimes does it after one Frame, after two and so on, and i can´t see any systematic behind it. Problem is, that i like to Change the Triggers during an Imaging session due to the fact, that temperatures rapidly go down in the first hour of the night and i need to refocus more often then.
So i changed the numbers, but i´m confused where to change them. Either in the Equipment Profile, the Frame and Focus Window or the Control Panel. I think it is best to change that in the control Panel?

But why are those Tasks are not talking to each other? I think this is getting a conflict when i put in different Triggers in those three Windows. And that might lead to my Troubles?

So how should i deal with that in a smart way?

CS Frank

@Frank

All the “run time” auto focus options are taken from the Control panel entries. Just review your auto focus options to select the combination you need. Auto focus works well, so if it is not doing what you want, its because of the options selected.

Charlie

1 Like

Why don’t you just use the temperature trigger and let SGP do this for you? Typically I use 1 degree and it works just great. No need to micro manage auto focus.

The frame and focus window and the control panel “Auto Focus Settings” option both point to the same location. If you want the settings to be “live” then you should NOT use the Equipment Profile which is changing the parent that the sequence was created from (and will not affect the sequence unless you specifically update the sequence with the profile). Additional information about this relationship can be found here:

http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/UnderstandingProfilesFAQ.html

Thanks,
Jared