Autofocus didn't complete?

I had something strange happen that I’ve not seen before with my SGP focus last night. I had everything setup and run like normal, but my first couple of frames were not focused very well, so I paused the sequence and did a manual focus.

The focus routine never completed. It stopped after about 14 tries. It was getting closer to a good focus (the slope trend line was heading down like normal), but it never finished. I don’t recall ever seeing this before, but it happened twice. The third time I was close enough to good focus that it found a sweet spot and I resumed the sequence.

I thought it was odd and was wondering if anyone has seen it before?

I’m using 2.6.0.14. The incident happened around 8pm CST last night.

-Mike

I’m using 2.6.0.14 and ran auto focus last night. Everything worked fine. I’ve only been using SGP for a few weeks but I haven’t had a hiccup in to focus routine even with older versions. Did the HFR readings appear to be corresponding to what you were seeing on the focusing exposure images?

Yeah, everything seemed normal. I’ve been using SGP for about 14 months and have never had the issue previously. I had to run the manual focus routine a few times to get it squared away and then it seems to have run fine all night. Just an oddity that I’ve not previously encountered.