Automatic Equipment Connect and Unpark

Yannick’s thread reminded me of something else that seems counter-intuitive for an automation program. Why do I need to manually connect all the equipment and then after it’s connected, manually unpark my scope? Shouldn’t that all be automatic. Just press play and the equipment that is needed is connected (possibly just in order of use, so equipment that isn’t used doesn’t have to connect) and then the sequence proceeds. I can’t count how often I’ve started a center on target that failed because the mount was still parked.

Beo

This is not true in general. My mount is a Paramount MEII and when I click RUN, it connects all my equipment automatically, unparks the mount, and then starts the sequence, assuming the start time has been reached.
You may be able to get yours to work the same way with appropriate configuration changes.

So I’d really like to know how you accomplish that, as there are no sequence options to do so and it just gives an error if the equipment isn’t connected. There are pre- and post-event PARK commands, but no unpark, which I can’t fathom. Why would you want to part prior to an event (other than perhaps for flats)? It would make much more sense to have an unpark command instead of or in addition to a park command.

Beo

Both of my mounts (AP and Gemini) also auto-connect all equipment when I click on Run.

Which version of SGP are you using?

Everything should auto connect when you click Run Sequence and if the mount is parked it should prompt you to unpark it.

Thanks,
Jared

www.mainsequencesoftware.com