Autopopulation of Filter Suffix

Good evening,

For laptop-problem reasons I have had to reinstall SGPro a number of times over the past week. All set now, however I have noticed that the filter suffix is not autopopulating in the sequencer as it used to - I just get a blank box and have to put it in myself. Have I done something I shouldn’t? I found that very useful, is there a way to put it back on?

Thanks,

Gus

@Final_Director

There is no need to select the filter name as part of the suffix, just use %fe.

Hi Ken

Thank you for getting back to me. I wonder if there is a misunderstanding of what I mean:

I am not referring to file naming. I mean the auto-population of the filter Suffix in the dropdown window on each event when a Filter has been selected. So, for example if in Event 1 I were to select Run, Light, Red… I would expect the next window “Suffix” to auto-populate “R”. It always used to but for some reason it is not doing so now and I wonder if I have inadvertently changed something that has stopped that.

Under the “Tools” tab, “Options”, “Sequence Options” there is a setting available to “Clear sequence suffix dropdown list” and I wonder if I have somehow cleared that. How do I put them back?

Thanks again,

Gus

Hi Gus

Do you simply want to display within the sequence window the Filter and Filter Suffix?

As far as I can recall, some time ago Ken and Jared removed the automatic correlation when the Filter is selected and the Suffix displays the corresponding initial.

In my workflow within the Sequence window I only select Filter and no longer select Suffix. This displays clearly enough for me to understand the filter used in the Light and to avoid any error. My file name pattern contains the Filter name as I have inserted “%fe”. For me the Suffix is quite redundant.

I guess if you want to select Suffix you have to do it manually.

Barry

Thanks Barry,

That makes sense and I now understand the response I got from Ken.

Gus