After installing your updated beta, I opened a saved image and clicked the star button to do an HFR calculation on the image. The slider was in the default position and the Focus Control was docked on the side of the screen with several other modules. The image frame was immediately covered with 300 star detections as the screen shot showed in my post above. Since the slider was in the 3 (?) pixel position, I moved it to the right thinking that would reduce the number of stars detected and toggled the star icon. Nothing changed and the image still showed 300 stars detected. I moved the slider to 15, toggled the star icon; and, again there was no change with 300 stars detected. I moved the slider several more times, toggling the star icon each time. Nothing changed.
At that point I decided to make my post with the result. In order to do a screen shot, I undocked the Focus Control and moved it over the frame and made the screen shot. After taking the screen shot, I moved the Focus Module back to its docked location on the side of the screen. As I docked the Focus Module, the frame suddenly changed and dropped to just a handful of detections – as shown in the third screen shot. With the Focus Control docked, the slider worked as expected. Moving it immediately changed the HFR calculation and the number of stars detected without the need to toggle the star icon. I used the left and right arrow keys to move the slider one pixel at a time to watch how the star detection changed at each step. Everything seemed to be working great.
After making my post, I continued to experiment with subs from other targets. What I then discovered was that the slider would intermittently stop working – that is, moving it did not result in a new HFR calculation or star detection. Even toggling star icon had no effect. Undocking reactivated the slider.
Unfortunately, some frames that I tested resulted in virtually no stars being detected even though they were above the slider threshold. In the frame below, the slider was at 7. The frame shows two false detections at [7x7], two stars correctly detected, and about 40 stars that I thought should have been detected but were not:
All my subs were taken at 2475 mm with a large central obstruction but there are no donuts in the subs as they were reasonably well focused manually. My PC is a Windows 7 machine.