Beta 3.1.0.220

Hi, I have just downloaded the new beta release v3.1.0.220 and run the installer. When I try to launch the application nothing happens… the app doesn’t load. Don’t quite know what more I can give you than that. I’m running Windows 10 v1903. Is it me or are others experiencing this too? I have reinstalled v2.1.0.213 and it works normally.

@PhotoGav

A couple notes…

1. This build has been removed (for different reasons…)
  2. When you started SGPro and nothing happened, did you attempt to start SGPro more than 1 time?
  1. OK, I await its replacement.
  2. No, I started it once and nothing happened. Tried to start it again and still nothing. Rolled back to previous version and it started fine. Reinstalled new Beta and it wouldn’t start again. Rolled back and it was fine again. Then I came on here to report the issue. Strange, huh?!

Unfortunately, we have replaced the settings system and there appears to be a problem with the attempt to migrate your old settings to the new system. Don’t go through any heroic efforts, but if you able to check for SGPro logs for the failed starts, it may be helpful. Typically here:

C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator

Also, in that same folder, do you see a file name “sgpro_settings.json”? If you do does it have data in it or is it empty?

Hi Ken,
I’ve just checked and all today’s log files are for v3.1.0.213, none for v3.1.0.220. Also, there are no .json files in there at all.
Thanks,
Gav.

Same here. Removed and will try to reinstall.

I’ve tried re-installing, and while it install ok will not run with .Net errors:

Faulting application name: Sequence Generator.exe, version: 3.1.0.220, time stamp: 0x5d585202
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0x91664cab
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00113442
Faulting process ID: 0x23e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d55b5e69794bee
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sequence Generator\Sequence Generator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: d8b4755c-4032-43f2-a8d3-f2c5631acef4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: Sequence Generator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at SequenceGenerator.MessageBoxHelper.a(System.Windows.Forms.Form, System.String, System.String, System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons, System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon)
at k6…ctor()
at qf…cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
at qf.a(System.String)
at r5.a(System.Object, System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

1 Like

Still showed up as an available update for me today when I launch SGP to create a new sequence.

I presumed this meant it had been re-introduced. Apparently not? Installed, SGP wouldn’t run at all.

Reverted to .213, runs fine.

Beta v220 is still appearing when I launch SGPro as an available update.

Same Here, Beta 3.1.0.220 still appears in the available updates but cannot open after installing it. Reverted back to Beta 3.1.0.213 this morning