Beta 313 Comments

Installed 313 today and I have been running it for the past hour. Both scopes running flawlessly.

The new auto-focus graph is a big improvement over any previous versions. Nice colors and very clear. Excellent display of the best focus position and Quality %.

I have a small issue with it. The box with the position and Quality % jumps all over the place. It is particularly distracting when it overlaps the curves. Why not just always place it directly under the green circle below the lowest data points? Then you won’t need an arrow to point to it.

One bug: The LEFT and RIGHT arrows for moving through the images no longer work. They don’t do anything. So I can’t see any prior images. This was also a bug in 307.

Example of new focus display:

This shows a minor cosmetic issue. The coordinates of the image capture of the graph are a bit off.

seconded - i noticed this on a prior beta but forgot to report. 313 has the same problem.

Ya… having trouble with that one. This “callout” as Microsoft calls it seems to display wherever it wants. I’m looking for a way to tame it, but I can’t spend a bunch of time here.

Not sure what this means. Also, why does your graph window have no title bar?

The example graph I included above is not my jpg. It is the jpg you wrote to the focus directory. Your jpgs include background around the sides and the most at the top.

Here is another example:
This one is AfGraph_DP-9_S-25_B-1x1_SS-2.0.jpg from AFPack_5.

Ah! I thought it was a screenshot from AF. That makes sense now.

What do you mean when you say the coordinates of the image capture of the graph are a bit off.

Since the jpg includes pixels outside the area of the dialog, it looked to me like you created this by just doing a screen capture of that area of the screen, and did not give it the correct x,y,height,width. These all clearly include whatever happened to be behind the dialog.

I have never seen such a nice raw V Curve (white line) that you don’t even need quadratic fit curve.

What scope, camera and image scale are you using?

Peter

Thank you Peter for the nice compliment. This one is particularly nice. It is 99%, but almost all of mine are either 98% or better, even though they don’t usually look this perfect.
The scope is an Orion Optics UK AG12" Newtonian Fl=1160mm. ZWO ASI 1600MM camera 3.8 micron pixels, yielding a resolution of .70 arcsec/pixel.

That’s a big scope. :open_mouth:

Peter

It does gather a lot of light. I love it. I have a 120mm fan mounted on the side of the tube next to the main mirror that keeps a constant flow of ambient air over the mirror and flowing out the end of the tube. No tube currents or mirror surface aberrations for me.