Big problem with LACERTA MotorFocus Controller

Hello

I am using SGpro for 2 years now, without any problem with the focus control , but I am changing of setup , and I choose the LACERTA MotorFocus as the focus controler (with also the LACERTA motor connected behind)

I have no problem to connect the Lacerta controller but when I tried to move it IN or OUT with SGPro, it usually works only the first time , and the second command is completly ignored => no move at all.
If I continue to send commend IN or OUT , Nothing happens at all.

If I disconnect the Focus controller in SGPro, and re-connect , the motor goes crazy and seems to redo all the commands not executed earlier ! very Strange ! and after , nothing works

Please help
Arnaud

Hello
I tried the same Lacerta controller and cabling with another program and it works perfectly.
Not to mentionned it , APTool works well , the focus move IN and OUT , GOTO and everything. I try to make it bug, but no problem , it works fine

SGPro seems really to have a problem ….
Arnaud

To upgrade from a Seletek-Armadillo focuscontroller,
I have a Lacerta motor controller on order…
Currently I am testing with a borrowed Sesto Senso.
This shows a similar behavior in SGP.
Selecting in or out will function once or twice only.
Then I too have to disconnect and reconnect to SGP.
If the Lacerta has the same problem, that’s going to be a bummer.
I’d better remount my Seletek Armadillo set again…That works alright.

We will need logs to investigate. Please see here:

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks a lot Jared for your post ,

I will try to explain the problem with the LACERTA MotoFocus Controller named MFOC

I am using SGpro for 2 years now, without any problem with the focus control , but I am changing of setup , and I choose the LACERTA MotorFocus as the focus controler (with also the LACERTA motor connected behind)
I have no problem to connect the Lacerta controller but when I tried to move it IN or OUT with SGPro manually with the docking windows named “Focus control” some bugs appear.
Things have changed since yesterday, but I cannot say why , sorry.
The “big”problem has reduced to a more reasonable problem.

• After connexion, the fisrt Move IN or OUT is always 1 step , (even if you ask for 10, 200 or 2000 steps), and after that phase, All is OK (if you don’t touch the STOP button)
    The use of the Stop button of the docking windows named “Focus control” always causes problem :
  • Some time , all following move IN or OUT are completely ignored, and after disconnection and reconnection, the focuser goes crazy ( IN move) , If you stop It (STOP button) , It will do all the commands that you tried without success before deconnecting it !
  • Or , the following move IN or OUT is reduced by only one Step (even if you ask for 10, 200 or 2000 steps), and after that phase , the asked moves IN or Out are repected , and OK

18:49

1. I power ON the LACERTA Controller with the Motor attached to it,
  2. I launch SGPro on my computer
  3. I connect the Focuser = >OK connected
  4. Current position : 15995
  5. I push the button “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 => the motor move only 1 step (not the 10 asked)
    Current Position : 15994
    => FIRST BUG
  6. I push the button “Fine” OUT with a steps of 10 => the motor move 10 STEP out step
    Current Position :16004
    OK
  7. I push the STOP button , nothing happen
    TIME : 18:50
  8. I push the “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 , move only one step 16003 (BUG)
  9. I push the STOP button , nothing happen (absolutely normal)
    TIME : 18:51
  10. I push the “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 , move only one step 16002 (BUG)
  11. I push the STOP button , nothing happen (absolutely normal)
  12. I push the “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 , move only one step 16001 (BUG)
  13. I push the STOP button , nothing happen (absolutely normal)
  14. I push the “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 , move only one step 16000 (BUG)
  15. I push the STOP button , nothing happen (absolutely normal)
  16. I push the “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 , move only one step 16000 (BUG)
  17. The fine IN does not work (BUG) , I push Coarse IN , and Coarse OUT (nothing happens =>BUG) and disconnect at time 18:53 and wait till 18:54 to reconnect the focuser
  18. Reconnection at 18:54, focuser goes crazy moving IN => I push STOP button , Current position at 14701
  19. Fine IN , OK current position at 14691
  20. Disconnect focuser and killing SGPro at 18:55
    If you looked at the log , you can see that some actions listed above are not in the same order . I confirm before you asked , that I do exactly what is written above, not what is indicated in the log . Certainly to be analysed by experts !
    Best regards, Arnaud

link to log file : https://share.orange.fr/#rR46K2nzwe4604410409

Other BUG : maybe linked to MY BUG :slight_smile:
I tried to change the value of “override maximal steps” in the window named Focuser , button “others” , the default value is “1” but the box is unchecked. Without checking it, if I modify its value (any value will do), it can completely stop everything !, the focuser will stop working completely !
See the below

1. I power ON the LACERTA Controller with the Motor attached to it,
  2. I launch SGPro on my computer
  3. I connect the Focuser = >OK connected
  4. Current position : 14708
  5. I push the button “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 => the motor move only 1 step (not the 10 asked)
    Current Position : 14707
    => FIRST BUG
  6. I push the button “Fine” OUT with a steps of 10 => the motor move 10 STEP out step
    Current Position :14717
    OK
  7. I open the control panel , and goes to the focus sub window, and push the Other button
  8. I put 31500 for the value of “Override maximum steps , without checking the box, and validate OK
  9. I push the button “Fine” IN with a steps of 10 = > nothing happen
  10. I push the button “Fine” OUT with a steps of 10 = > nothing happen
  11. I push the button “Coarse” IN with a steps of 10 = > nothing happen
  12. I push the button “Coarse” OUT with a steps of 10 = > nothing happen
  13. Time 19:38 = disconnect focuser et kill SGP

link to log file :
https://share.orange.fr/#rR46K2nzwe4604410409

Both of those logs just look like SGP was started up and shut down with nothing else really happening. You’ll want to duplicate the behavior, shut down SGP and then sent the latest log.

Thank you,
Jared

Hello Jared ,
I am a bit surprised by your answer.
We need to look at the log togeteher :

For the seconde bug , when a user change the value of “Override maximum steps" , without checking the box, and validate OK,
So logically , nothing should change , because , the box of the “Override maximum steps" is UNchecked

But aftre that, Any order to focuser is ignored

So it is really a BIG BUG , no ?
Because after that , NOTHING works for the focuser, no move, nothing. Even if you try to disconnect and reconnect it , it is like dead

To be clear , I spent hours testing the bugs , so I can tell you , this behaviour is 100% sure.

I will anser the firts bug in another mail
regards
Arnaud

Hello Jared ,
Now for the first Bug : this the log file : sg_logfile_20190730184919.txt

As I wrote before , the first thing that is not normal is :

• After connexion, the fisrt Move IN or OUT is always 1 step , (even if you ask for 10, 200 or 2000 steps),
    It is not a big problem , but I did it 100 of times, and the first move is always 1 step instead of the 10 for my case.
    NOT important , just to share.

After this, in the example , I tried to show that the button STOP of the focus Dock window has strange behaviour.
Usually , if I push only once the STOP button , the focus command are dead,

In fact , there is 2 behaviours when I pushed the STOP button:
The use of the Stop button of the docking windows named “Focus control” always causes 2 problems sometines the first one , and sometimes the second one (I did it a 100 times , I can not say , why , it is sometimes , the problem #1) or #2) :

• #2 Or , the following move IN or OUT is reduced by only one Step (even if you ask for 10, 200 or 2000 steps), and after that phase , the asked moves IN or Out are repected , and OK

• #1 : Some time , all following move IN or OUT are completely ignored, and after disconnection and reconnection, the focuser goes crazy ( IN move) , If you stop It (STOP button) , It will do all the commands that you tried without success before disconnecting it !
    If you look at the log, what is written is VERY INTERESTING after the push of the STOP button , I pushed 4 buttons (IN fine , OUT fine , IN Coarse , and OU Coarse)

So the first command of FINE 10 is received by SGP but not executed , WHY ?:
in the log :
07/30/19 18:54:29.867][DEBUG] [Focuser Thread] Focuser moving to 10
[07/30/19 18:54:29.867][DEBUG] [Focuser Thread] ASCOM Focuser: MaxStep is 0. Ignoring this, hopefully bad things don’t follow.
[07/30/19 18:54:29.868][DEBUG] [Focuser Thread] Focuser move call complete

You can see the same behaviour with the following 3 commands (OUT fine , IN Coarse , and OU Coarse), Totally ignored by SGP , WHY ?
So in this situtaion , the focuser is dead , big bug no ?

After the disconnection and reconnection of the focuser , the crazy phase of the focuser is not written

Tell me , if the strange behaviour are clearer to you , I really did hours and hours of testing , and the STOP button is like a kill button :slight_smile:

best regards ARnaud

Hello

Just a mesage to tell that the new LACERTA MFOC driver corrects all the problems metionned in this thread !!!

I would like to thank Tommy and the LACERTA develper team , and SGP team as well . thanks guys it is working fine now

Arnaud