Black bars, after picture

Dear MainSequence Software, i had an Problem with SGP, If i do Pictures, with my Canon EOS 77D, (60s and ISO 800) if the Picture gets downloaded, there are so ugly black bars, it would ruine the Picture, because i cant use flats, i just record the flats without SGP, and the flats which i created with the Camera himself, there are no Blackbars, but in SGP there are. I cant use the flats, because the picturesize is not the same.

The black bars are optically black regions of the sensor. Normally these regions should be cropped.

It is not guaranteed at all that different acquisition software will produce geometrically compatible images. Do you at least use the same file format (CR2 or FITS) for both light frames and flat frames? The CR2 format is defined by Canon. So (as a preliminary workaround) you should use only the CR2 format for all frames - this approach must work.

Bernd

That’s called overscan. You the latest SGP should be removing it. But as mentioned you need to acquire your flats/lights with the same application unless you use CR2/3 as that should be transportable between different systems.

Jared