Blank Focus Graph for a rerun sequence

Just mentioning a little bug that was in Beta 362. I have not seen it listed as fixed. When a sequence was cut short because the focus routine needed to move focus position and start over, the single focus graph is completely blank. I have not been able to check this with the latest Betas because my obs pc is being repaired.

Are you talking about focus packs?

Yes.GRAPH_AFID-001_POS-21082_HFR-000_Q-100_FINAL

I think I am not clear on the conditions that produce this. I understand the recenter part, just not sure about what happens before the recenter.

There were 4 images in a row that had steadily larger HFR values. Time to start over at a higher focus position. SGP outputs the graph of those 4 focus positions. Here is the graph. Blank.
It then moves on to the next series. I have many more of these, but I sent the log with the first one I ran into. they have all done this since then. Back about 373 or earlier.

Ok. Does that screenshot have a name that identifies it as a FINAL image or is it an errant incremental image?

GRAPH_AFID-001_POS-21100_HFR-000_Q-100_FINAL.jpg
sg_logfile_20191112143155.zip (306.9 KB)GRAPH_AFID-001_POS-21100_HFR-000_Q-100_FINAL

And we see on the graph “Moving focuser to next position”

@jmacon

Maybe we are doing different things for this… Maybe you can provide an AFPack that shows it. Would be easy enough to follow that.

I usually delete all the fit files in my focus packs, so I can’t find a good example at the moment. I am on a long vacation and may not be doing any imaging for a while, but when I get back to it I will save one.

However, here is one with the JPGs and matching LOG file, but no fit files.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApZRrk2grXlemboLy5W_3YhDu6Wr1A?e=J0UDxo

1 Like