Bug - filter offsets gone wild

I saw an edge case / bug tonight with filter offsets.

In the middle of a run of narrowband, I decided to add a few RGB frames. I paused the sequence, then copied one of the existing events 3 times and created some RGB events. I resumed the sequence, and luckily watched, as I saw my Red focus wander off.

I noticed in the status bar that “Filter R set” repeated, throughout the red frames rather than just on the first one. Each time, SGP was adding an offset (which I noted was larger than my Lum->Red offset, but only later realized was my Oiii->Red offset) between frames, so focus was continually moving between frames.

It looks like pausing then resuming the sequence confused something, and SGP thought it was still running an Oiii event and that each new frame was the first R frame, so it was continually adding the offset.

Closing and reopening SGP resolved it.

Relevant log excerpt at: SGP focus offset bug - Pastebin.com

Hi Paul,

I also learned that when resuming after a pause, SGP will, most of the time, show some unexpected behaviour. The cure for this is to use the “Reset Sequence (preserve progress)” option before resuming. This will incure some overhead (with my normal settings this would be recenter the target and refocus) but at least there will be no surprises,

Kind regards,
Horia