Bug(?): Platesolve2 (2.4.2.5) doesn't work on Italian PC

Here you can download my image from dropbox. Anyway as written in the other post, I solved changing come with point. It start reading scale (missed before) and everything worked like a charm. A friend of mine didn’t have this issue with 2.4.2.6 but when he installed the 2.4.2.7 he had the same issue. He is italian as well.

There seems like it’s not just a scale problem… Your RA and DEC are being reported as very large numbers

But why only changing the coma in the setting of windows it works?

Im not sure… your FITS location data were being misread as very large numbers (you can see it in the logs). Anyhow, I think I have this fixed up for all regions.

The FITS location data is read as it is, but without the decimal mark. It ignores the comma (regional setting in window set to comma), but when you put decimal mark as a dot, it works. @Ken

You can download my image here to see if it occurs to you:

Thank you!!

@Gembol This is true and has been resolved.

1 Like

That are great news!! Thank you again!!!

Hello.
I spent several days trying to get plate solve working with Astrometry local server. SGP 2.4.1 and beta 2.4.2.7. under a Spanish windows 7. It was impossible. I changed the 8080 port and also exchange decimal point and comma. Always got a Plate solve error.

But today I left the point “.” for both decimal and thousands sign. And it worked!! All the images I had from Maxim that couldn’t be solved before on SGP, now are solved without any problem.

I send you that in case it should help.
Thanks to Gembol!
Fernando

Hi Fernando! Glad to see you here.

And thank you too.

José Manuel