Camera conflicts?

I’m CMOS shopping and have tentatively chosen a QHY163M. I use a QHY5L-II-M for guiding.

Am I going to have driver or SGP conflicts/trouble of any kind with SGP connected to two QHY products? I seem to remember something about an SBIG camera but I cannot remember the details.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I was unable to find this question asked before.

Thank you.

Eric

I believe the QHY drivers are camera specific, which would leave me to believe that you wouldn’t have issues. Hopefully someone with dual QHY cameras will provide more accurate info.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like

I don’t actually use two QHY cameras (I have a QHY163M), but I do know that the ASCOM driver has an option for 2 cameras, and you can also use the native driver for your QHY5L in PHD2.

1 Like

Unfortunately, and I am late to the party it appears, but currently, YES, there are conflicts. If you load the 3inOne driver from QHY, it confuses my QHY163C and the 5L-II. Despite having native drivers loaded, SGP has problems picking the correct camera and if I fiddle with it enough, Only way I have been able for it to even remotely work, is to connect the main camera first and select Capture in SGP. Let it connect, then start PHD2 and select Guide and it will connect to 5L-II. But that’s as far as you get because SGP will occasionally still select the 5L-II when you go to start a frame and focus or try to run a series. I might get the 163C to connect occasionally, but then the tec cooler will not operate and images will not download.