Camera Gain in a Sequence

Hello,

I’m evaluating SGPro and have run across something I cannot seem to resolve. I’m using a sequence to generate a library of darks at different gains and exposure lengths. I’ve got through all of the setups like equipment profiles, user profile, etc. In my equipment profile I have one default profile with all of my equipment. I have defined several different gain/offsets in the camera profile resulting in drop downs for the different settings. I made a sequence with 11 events, each one creating 25 darks with a set gain and different exposure lengths, saved to a folder. Before starting the sequence I select the Camera wrench and select the gain/offset I want. I start the sequence and everything works correctly in the first event, then in the second and ensuing events the camera gain gets set back to a ‘default’ value which is different from what I selected. What am I missing?

Thanks

Essentially you can set gain in the ASCOM driver (this sounds like what you are doing) and you can also set gain in SGPro. It seems like SGPro may be clobbering the values you have set in the ASCOM driver and you may need to ignore one of them. You can find a “binning to gain” map on the camera tab (of both the control panel and the equipment profile).

Hi Ken,
Thanks. I’m attaching 2 screen shots. When I select the camera settings in either the main sequence window or the Equipment Profile window, it looks like the ASCOM driver is what comes up. In the Equipment Profile window, on the right under "Gain )Value and e-/ADU) in 1x1 it is set to “Not Set”. I tried setting this to another value (53) and nothing changed when the events ran. Another clue is that I have the “%File Name” files set to %cg%cg_%el_%dt and in the directory where the files are to go (from the Directory box) folders are created named: “gain_Not Set” and “gain_120” and the saved images in each folder are 53 for the “gain_Not Set” folder and 120 for the “gain_120” folder. So in the first event, the gain is set to whatever I manually set it to, and in the second event the gain reverts to 120. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

SSPro Camera Gain SSPro Camera Gain 2

Hi there,

We will need more information to be able to help. Please send us logs, SGPro and OS versions and we’ll take a look.

More information here How to Submit Logs in SGPro - SGPro Support - Main Sequence Software

Support requests go in this category #sequence-generator:sgpro-support