Camera setting pr. sequence event

I have been looking for a possibility to change the camera settings (gain/bias) from one event to the other. I have not found any, hence this request. The reason is that I would like to use different settings for narrow band filters than for LRGB for the same target. And I want it all in the same sequence.
I would like to be able to create a list of various gain/bias combinations for my camera and have this list available for selection in the sequencer window like we have with filters, i.e. a new column.
To use different settings today I would have to create a new equipment profile, I think. If I’m incorrect on this, please lead me in the right direction.

Helge

Unless I misunderstand your request, you can already change the gain (and offset depending on the camera) per event. Go to the event settings. I routinely image LRGB and NB in the same sequence and change the gain per event.

Event%20Options%20Gain%20Setting

Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, I saw this. But the only options are “not set” or “link cam”. This does not tell me much. There is also a an Event offset box which I cannot change at all. Just reads NA. Even if this can be done from here it would still give a much better overview if we could select it from the sequence window.
So far I’m still in the blue on how to change my gain/bias.
I have an ASI 1600 MM-cool.

Helge

I think you’re using the wrong driver. I’m guessing you are using the ASCOM camera driver. I’m not sure I have this totally right, but I believe that SGP added native support for ASI cameras that allow you to access the gain/offset in the even settings. So try choosing a different camera driver.

Also, if I’m not mistaken ZWO removed the user’s ability to set the offset (???). Maybe that’s why you can’t adjust the offset.

The “not set” or “link cam” is in the control panel/Camera tab and that’s not what I’m talking about.

Thank you. I have been using “ASI camera 1” driver and was not aware of any other. I changed it to “ZWO camera” and now I can set both gain and offset in the event options window. I’ll settle with that although it would be beneficial to see the settings in the sequence window.

Helge

I have used this creating target lists last few days. I have found that if I duplicate a target or copy a single event the pre-event options event gain and event offset are copied.
If I copy events to or from a target these settings are not copied.
Not sure if this is pr. design or an omission.

This is addressed just not release. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Thank you,
Jared

I would like to make a suggestion on the Event Gain setting in the Event Options. When the user selects a specific gain for the event, there is no highlighted indicator of it on the event screen. I often like to take images using a couple different gain settings, and without an indicator, I cannot tell what the gain will be. In fact, after the gain gets changed in one event, it stays that way until another event gain setting is triggered. If you ask me, the gain is an important parameter and should be easily identified within each event.

Another issue I have with the event gain dropdown on the event options form is this: if my camera is not connected, I only see options for "Link Cam and “Not Set”. I would like to be able to set up the gain of the event to some value even when my camera is not connected. Instead of a drop down list, perhaps it could be a numeric field.