Can absolute Focuser position be saved in equipment profile manager

Dear all,

I have a Takahashi TSA 120 refractor, Lacerta Motorfocus with DSLR. I have some different settings saved as equipmentprofils, for example, when using the reducer, the flattener or the extender. All come into focus on different positions. Is it somehow possible to combine a pofile with an absolut focuser position so SGP starts platesolving and autofocus near the final values ?
At the moment I always have to remeber on which absolute focuser position I get into focus using a certain setting and manual drive the focuser to this position before starting the sequence.
Any help is much appreciated !

CS

Olaf

Hi Olaf,
Unfortunately I cannot answer your quest, but my solution is to have a spreadsheet on my desktop when I store these values for my two telescopes and two cameras.

I would really like to know if this is possible as well please.
Thanks,
Simon.

This is an older request, but still I would find this helpful.
Having an option to save a focus position in the profile will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

This already exists to some extent. After you run AF for each filter just click the “Set focus for XXX” button on the control panel (where XXX is the filter). This will save your current absolute focus position for that filter, you’ll need to do the same for all other filters (as a nice side effect this will also setup your offsets.

Then when you start a sequence just click the “Focus for XXX” button on the control panel and it will go back to that position. You’ll still want to run AF as the absolute position will likely not be in focus since the temperatures will cause your focus position to move. But that will get you close.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like

Thanks Jared!
Still it would be nice to have it stored in the profile since I´m working with different scopes/ cameras.
or are these values stored to the profile individualy?

Best regards,

Stephan