Cannot Plate Solve Canon 1200D images using local Astrometry.net server

Hello all …

Perhaps someone can help. I have plate solving working well using Elbrus and local Astrometry.Net server with images taken using my IMG2Pro. I can also throw images from other sources at it and blind solving using Astrometry.net without a problem.

However, I have been sent a couple of images from a 1200D Canon that will not plate solve. I can upload the image to Astrometry.net on the web and that solves without any issues. They will not solve on my machine though.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mick

What are the scale of these images and what indexes did you download for your local Astrometry.NET install?

Hi Ken … The scale is 1.77 arcsecs/pixel. I can upload the image to Astrometry.Net and it solves very quickly. On my PC I have downloaded all of the .fits for my local server (desperation really). If I input the scale then it solves OK but it always fails when trying to blindsolve.

I am puzzled. Using my data (this particular image is not mine) then blindsolving works very quickly but this one image just fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mick

Not sure what this means… do you mean you downloaded all the index files? I can’t recall if there is a timeout on ANSVR, but having all of the index files can lead to considerably longer solve times (you should really just have the ones you need for your FoV(s)). @Andy can correct me if I’m wrong here.

You can post the FITS file you are having trouble with and we can help to validate whether it is a data or setup issue. Anything like dropbox is good.

If you have the scale error override set in ansvr you’ll likely get bad results when attempting to blind solve. I would recommend removing the scale error override in ansvr if you use ansvr as your only solver

Thanks
Jared

www.mainsequencesoftware.com