Canon DLSR mirror settle time problem or Not

I was using SGP with my cannon dslr yesterday to take some M81 images. In camera settings I set mirror settle time to 5 secs. I set to take 5 minute light images at 1600 iso. After plate solving etc., when I started the sequence the shutter opened and remained open exactly for 5 seconds but closed thereafter. However, the program was integrating image for 5 minutes. Same thing happened with the second image. When I looked at the image there was no galaxy but very few stars. I was hoping that 5 minute integration should show some galaxy. So I stopped the sequence and switched to Backyard EOS. Took a 5 minute image and there was nice M81. So I continued using Backyard EOS for the rest of the imaging session. However, this morning I thought may be mirror settle time is causing the problem so I changed the mirror settle time to 0 and it worked. The shutter remained opened for 5 minutes. I tried with different mirror settling time and shutter opens and close exactly at whatever settle time you input and software keeps integrating image. Hopefully my explanation is not too confusing. I may be interpreting the meaning of mirror settle wrongly or it is possible there is a bug. Going forward I am going to use mirror settle time as zero. Love SGP and its many functions.

You need to turn on mirror settle in the camera itself. We do not toggle it automatically like BYEOS does.

Thanks
Jared

So the option in camera setting for mirror settle should be left to zero. I will have to read camera manual.

You just need to enable mirror lock in the actual camera. There is no time setting in the camera with that. Essentially if Mirror Settle time in SGP is non-zero then mirror lock needs to be enabled in the camera.

Thanks,
Jared