Canon EOS60Da not showing image in 2.6.0.8

My EOS60Da is not working correctly with 2.6.0.8 - it refuses to show an image with frame and focus and when I try and do a sequence, it terminates early.
I hopped back to 2.6.0.6 and it worked fine. Returned to 2.6.0.8 and it stopped working again.
Log files for both:

I can confirm the same behavior with a EOS6D.
I will try and test my 600D today and see if its the same.

@buzz @cjszoo

Well that’s a huge bummer. I tried to blindly update the Canon SDK to version 3.4 (in 2.6.0.7). In theory, new SDKs from Canon should be backward compatible… but it looks like we get to write code for this one. Anyhow, we will revert the SDK for the SGPro 2.6 release and try to update it again in a later revision (maybe 2.6.1).

It might be worth seeing if Canon realize their mistake and update the SDK first? This will affect a lot of different applications.

I think this period has come and gone. It was released in 8/2016. It must be something we are doing not by the book maybe?

well, if you want me to check some trials on the 60Da, just ask.

I can confirm my 600D also does it.
One difference i notice is that with the 6D it seems to take as long as normal to download the image but it just doesn’t show up or save. With the 600d it seems much faster from shutter close to “complete” than is normal for me.