Can't Center with Losmandy Titan

I am trying to use SGP with a new (to me) Losmandy Titan mount. I can solve and sync and slew to near the target, but the mount refuses to center - with the error getting larger each iteration. Any idea what the problem is?

I think your experience is similar to mine with my G11. I assume you are using a Gemini controller, if so what you have to do is delete the pointing model and run without one. SGP then platesolves to your target. I got results consistently less than 20px after this. There are a number of posts on the forum on this topic.

I have a Titan/Gemini2 as well and have the same issue. Thanks for your suggestion Ian. I have always used a model. Do you know of a post that explains how to use the mount without one?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff I to have the Gemini 2 and the possible advantage that its permanently mounted. However I have a friend who uses same technique and he has to set up every observing session and it works for him.

1. First ensure mount is polar aligned. Absolute accuracy was not essential but the more accurate the better
  2. Ensure you have cleared/ deleted model . You can save it to SD card on hand controller if you want to go back to it)
    3 Create your target in SGP inputting RA & Dec
    4 With all relevant equipment open within SGP run your target list
  3. SGP will slew to target - platesolve then adjust and slew to corrected target position (this might take one or two itterations)

If you do a search on ‘pointing model’ you will find a number of posts many relating to EQMod. The principle was identical for Gemini or EQMod
If the model is running SGP essentially is fighting against the model.

Hope this helps